The Hope Center has made the
difference between success and
failure, understanding and
confusion, hope and despair,
for our family.
- Patty Smith
Southeast Asia is a region in Asia that is has an untapped resource that can be utilized for the future and that is the YOUTH. Born from the idea, Young Southeast Asian Leaders Intitiative (YSEALI), this collaborartion is a long-term platform which provides the student-leaders in the different countries of Southeast asia an avenue to brainstorm, compare-and-contrast projects, build relationships and connections to combat the climate change the world is facing.
- Form a growing collaborative alliance between ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) student leaders from the participating countries: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Brunei, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar and Cambodia
- Provide an avenue for discussions and implementations to address different pressing environmental issues in their respective countries
- Provide an exchange compare-and-contrast ideas and solutions that can help address the existing problem, if or if not ideas are feasible in their respective countries
- Pioneer an alliance between ASEAN student leaders to promote environmental awareness in different aspects (from energy and garbage consumption to protection of terrestrial, aerial and aquatic biodiversity to raising awareness on pressing issue) from different perspective
- Have a secured assurance of help from other ASEAN student leaders in times of urgent needs such as natural and/or man-made disaster or simply an avenue to call for help in terms of project implementation and the like
- Entreat for a seat in the ASEAN and/or UN to be recognized and represented as an over-all student-leader representative (can be done by election of the inner core country representatives)
Form an ad hoc committee (representatives from different countries) to draft the first constitution which would serve as the supreme mandate of the alliance
Draft resolutions/policies that could be submitted to the Head of Congress in different countries for the legislation of bills and policies, as deemed necessary by the student leaders
Have yearly personal meet-ups to discuss/brainstorm different pressing issues that need to be addressed in the respective countries
A yearly event that would be rotationaly be hosted by different countries to discuss and discover new initiatives about the environment...
An event that will be hosted by rotating countries that will hold eco-debates, wildlife photography contest, extemporaneous speech...
Held every summer, this is an initiative to engage youth and children to be protectors of the environment...
Department of Energy
Department of Agriculture
Department of Energy and Natural Resources
Wong Wei Kwang, University of Brunei Darussalam
Environment and Life Science
UBD Wildlife Club President
Musawwir Muhtai, Hasanuddin University
Animal Nutrition and Food Science
Altech Young Scientist 2013
Alecxa Denise Callao. Ateneo de Davao University
Natural Science Public Information Officer Region XI
Shin Huoy Terh, National University of Singapore
Students Against the Violation of
Jasmin Irisha Jim Ilham, The University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus
BSC Environmental Science
Green Team Chairperson